AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleApplication Development Team Leader (Project Assistant), Ref. #30811
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Minimum Qualifications Either 1. a bachelor’s or higher level degree in any field including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in programming languages AND two years of experience in computer systems programming;
Or 2. a bachelor’s or higher level degree in any field AND three years of experience in computer systems programming;
Or 3. an associate’s degree with 15 semester credit hours in programming languages AND four years of experience in computer systems programming;
Or 4. five years of experience in computer systems programming.
To qualify, the computer systems programming experience must have involved the planning, configuration, testing, implementation, and/or management of the systems environment that supports the organization’s information technology architecture and business needs. This could be a mainframe or network based server environment where the server supports databases, data communications, websites, application servers, etc. The primary distinctive characteristic of computer systems programming when compared to applications programming is that applications programming produces software which provides services to the user, whereas systems programming produces software which provides services to the computer hardware (e.g., operating systems, disk defragmenter) and requires a greater degree of hardware awareness. Applications programming experience does not qualify for this examination.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager of Information Technology Services 2, SG-29 within the Chief Technology Services, Business Application Services, Shared Application Services Enterprise Licensing & Back Office Processing, this highly technical and dynamic development team member will work closely with other application development and technical teams on many critical applications. The team currently supports internal and public application systems across multiple client agencies and Governor’s office initiatives, including the Office of Cannabis Management, Department of Health, the Department of Agriculture & Marketing. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate and lead hiring interviews for contractors and NYS employees
• Program in the latest .NET technologies individually or in teams of up to 30
• Lead a development team to develop, support applications using .NET with SQL Server
• Work with team to support .NET Web Services APIs
• Design and develop relational database systems with focus of MS Sql Server
• Program front-end applications using latest java script framework technology with focus on Vue.js or Angular
• Provide support with system administration and configuration for Window Server as well as SQL Server that hosted in the ITS CNSE Data Center
• Conduct application unit testing and troubleshooting during the project development phase;
• Provide level 4 triage production application support and on-call support when is needed;
• Develop test suites for APIs
• Develop and support CI/CD and windows IIS Server support and configuration for Coldfusion applications.
• Maintain frequent communication with colleagues regarding work activities and follow up on assignments to ensure accurate completion.
• Communicate with the senior management team with projects and staff update
• Assign and assess or manage staff workload, provide technical guidance
• Perform full range of supervisory duties.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
• Up to 50% telecommuting
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address PostingResponses@its.ny.gov
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Project Assistant Ref #30811. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.