AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleChief Technology Office Project Coordinator, Network Engineer Consolidation Coordinator, Ref. #30952
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $88161 to $111111 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Minimum Qualifications Seven years of experience in advanced troubleshooting and technical support for network hardware, software, and connectivity.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
? Associate degree and five years of experience
? Associate degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of experience
? Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience
? Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
? Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager Information Technology Services 1 (Data Communications), SG-27, the Project Coordinator, SG-NS, will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide advanced network support and troubleshooting within the Chief Technology Office/Enterprise Network Services/Data Center Networks (DCN) Operations group which provides network services for the consolidated New York State data centers and is responsible for ensuring the proper flow of traffic between critical applications and locations for both voice and data networks.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for legacy networks in the Data Centers.
- Lead intermediate/assist on major projects and Data Center Consolidation initiatives in the data/voice Data Center networks, including design, implementation and testing.
- Support new technologies such as VMware NSX (network virtualization and security platform) which is the go-forward platform, and Cloud Platforms Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud/Site Reliability Engineering, and Webair.
- Support enterprise data network requirements including routing, switching and firewalling at multiple data centers supporting over 50 NYS agencies.
- Support enterprise voice network requirements including routing, switching and firewalling for 120,000 phone users.
- Provide 24x7x365 on-call network support, on a rotating basis, for troubleshooting, escalation and ticket resolutions.
- Implement, configure and troubleshoot issues on various network equipment. Network equipment consists of firewalls, routers, switches, IPS devices, servers, etc., manufactured by, but not limited to: Cisco, Arista, Aruba, Meraki, Lenovo, Juniper, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Palo Alto,
- Support Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) environments which utilize advanced routing protocols including OSPF, IBGP, EBGP.
- Provide in-depth analysis on network data captures using monitoring tools such as Zenoss, SolarWinds, Splunk, NfSen, Wireshark, etc.
- Report network outages, degradation of services or severely impactful events to DCN senior management immediately so that upper ITS management may be briefed if necessary.
- Oversee network monitoring to ensure maximum network availability.
- Participate in network performance analysis, training, and capacity planning.
- Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status through a secure online portal, if vaccinated.
Background check and fingerprinting are required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address email@example.com
Street Empire State Plaza, Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying to the Project Coordinator position, reference #30952, no later than June 6, 2023. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.