One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Ave.
Minimum Qualifications "Current NYS Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Program Research Specialist 2 (Medical Assitance), G-23 OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent service as a Program Research Specialist 2 (MA) G-23 or in a position allocated to a G-21 or higher and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: "Strong attention to details;
Experience in the field of Health Care Finances,
Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and analytical skills."
Duties Description "The Program Research Specialist 2 (PRS 3) G-23 will play a vital function as a liaison between the Department and assigned plans among the Medicaid Managed Care, HARP, and HIV SNP lines of business, as well as perform Managed Care Organization (MCO) for fiscal compliance with State and Federal regulatory requirements. Primary responsibilities of the positions include:
• Monitoring the financial condition of assigned managed care plans, including analysis of their financial operations and compliance with financial reporting such as the NYS Escrow Fund, Contingent Reserve and Net Worth requirements for compliance with Public Health Law, regulations, and policies.
• Evaluating management service contracts between managed care plans and contracted vendors for compliance with fiscal solvency requirements.
• Evaluating provider contracts including VBP contracts between managed care plans and providers for risk assessment in accordance with fiscal solvency requirements, DOH guidelines and regulations.
• Review and evaluate managed care plan expansions, mergers, and acquisitions.
• Review and evaluate equity transfers, such as dividend requests, asset transfers and surplus note repayments, and assure overall plan compliance with the financial and solvency rules, regulations and contract provisions. "
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SD/PRS2(MA)/88390 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/PRS2(MA)/88390, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.