Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
Experience required: 5-10 years of public/private experience in debt and general accounting; Government experience a plus.
Knowledge Required: Understanding of accounting principles, skilled in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, detail-oriented, excellent analytical and organizational skills, PeopleSoft experience a plus.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Responsible for the accounting of ESD’s $13.6 billion bond portfolio. Also responsible for tracking, recording, and understanding all the financial activities of several of ESD’s subsidiaries and its administratively consolidated affiliate, New York Job Development Authority. Direct responsibilities, include, but are not limited to, the preparation of journal entries, bank reconciliations, account analyses, audit schedules and year-end financial statements.
• Record all transactions relating to the issuance and retirement of bonds.
• Prepare defeasance gain/loss worksheet when bonds are refunded.
• Reconcile bank statements for assigned subsidiaries.
• Review general ledger coding and sign-off on all payments and contracts for assigned subsidiaries.
• Oversee and record financial activity, prepare financial statements and assist in the audit for ESD’s subsidiary, Empire State New Market Corporation and its related entities.
• Prepare and record monthly journal entries.
• Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and related P&L variance analyses.
• Update monthly grant disbursement position report and report bond proceeds balances to the NYS Division of the Budget.
• Prepare audit schedules and interact with external auditors.
• Assist in the Trustee cash and investment quarterly analysis.
• Assist the Assistant Controller with quarterly reporting.
• Perform special projects, analyses and assignments as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY