Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for appointment, candidates must be reachable from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Real Estate Specialist 1 works in the Main Office, Office of Right-of-Way under the direction of a Real Estate Specialist 2 or higher.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing guidance and support to the Regional Offices in the areas of appraisals and property valuations;
• Property acquisition, including appropriations of property interests for public use, negotiations of a financial settlement with the owners of the property interests acquired and relocation assistance;
• Property management including permitting, sign control, and disposition of state owned surplus property;
• Ensuring compliance of the rules and regulations of the NYS Outdoor Advertising Sign Program as it relates to the federal Highway Beautification Act;
• Responding to inquiries from the public and other State agencies;
• Litigation and claims including assistance to the Regional Offices, NYSDOT Office of Legal Affairs, NYS Department of Law; and
• Other assigned duties in support of the mission of the Office of Right of Way.
*Occasional travel may be required.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments *Telecommuting: Opportunities to telecommute will be discussed at interview.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-294 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than June 12th, 2023.