Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunity: NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Plant Supervisor B Grade 23; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Plant Superintendent B eligible list# 26-717 with a score of 85 or higher.
Candidate should possess strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills; experience with construction and equipment installation; and must be able to work independently and as part of a team as well as handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Duties Description The Plant Superintendent B will be assigned to Biggs Laboratory and will be responsible for providing management oversight of all Instrumentatio & Automation functions at the Biggs Laboratory, including construction and equipment installations; coordinating with the Office of General Services (and assisting when needed) with preventative and emergency repairs; assist with facilities emergency responses as needed/appropriate; and coordinate equipment repairs and servicing across the entire Wadsworth Center.
Additional Comments Transfer candidates may be asked for SSN to verify title history and eligibility.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more..
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/PSB/12575 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/PSB/12575, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until June 12, 2023.