OCP, 99 Washington Ave, RM 1430
Minimum Qualifications "Reassignment & Transfer Opportunities: Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent permanent status as an Administrative Assistant 1, Grade 11, OR current New York State employee with one or more years of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55 b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1.
OR: Current New York State employee with one or more years of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above, and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law to Administrative Assistant Trainee 1.* A passing score on a typing test is required before a job offer to this title can be approved."
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have experience working with Executive staff, excellent verbal and written communications, proven ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders, and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
Duties Description The position is located in the Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS), within the Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP). Duties include handling telephone calls, responding to email requests and arranging meetings. Additionally, the individual will coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among key Division executives, staff, other employees throughout the Department and Other State Agencies, and the public. This also includes transmitting information to both State and external individuals and conducting follow-up when necessary. The candidate will also review incoming correspondence, research background information and draft responses where appropriate and review outgoing correspondence for grammar, spelling, etc. Finally, they will setup and maintain office document filing and tracking systems (including electronic). Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/46292/91511/AA1-T included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/46292/91511/AA1-T, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.