99 Washington Ave
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer Candidates: Current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent permanent competitive service as a Health Care Surveyor 2, G20, and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law OR Current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent permanent competitive service in a title G20 or higher and meeting the Non-competitive minimum qualifications listed below.
Open Competitive: possession of a license and current registration as a registered
professional nurse in New York State; and two years of post-licensure, specialized professional administrative or professional clinical experience. Substitution: a bachelor’s degree in nursing may substitute for one year of postlicensure clinical nursing experience; and a master’s degree in nursing may substitute
for two years of post-licensure clinical nursing experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare or managed care program compliance and surveillance and case reviews.
Duties Description The Health Care Surveyor Nurse 2 performs quality assurance and case file reviews, conduct surveys or complaint investigations of managed long term care plans and providers and prepares written reports of compliance reviews and assessments.
Additional Comments *Maintaining licensure and registration is a condition of continued employment.
*Posted salary range includes the statutory hiring rate at step 4 and job rate for PS&T Grade 20 ($77,029 - $86140) and an additional Geographic Pay Differential of $20,000
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/HCS2/87460 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group,SD/HCS2/87460, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.