One Commerce Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Open Competitive: possession of license and current registration to practice pharmacy in New York State, and two years of post-licensure experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in managed care and/or pharmacy benefits management. Knowledge of pharmacy utilization management practices, formulary evaluation and drug rebate programs. Strong analytical skills are required in order to evaluate large amounts of clinical and/or financial data. Strong presentation skills. Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid managed care and fee-for-service pharmacy programs including but not limited to drug utilization review (DUR) and formulary and preferred drug list (PDL) development. Experience with the activities of a Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and/or Drug Utilization Review Board and presenting information to stakeholder groups. Strong organizational and follow-up skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Duties Description This position will be responsible for various functions within the Medicaid Pharmacy Program. Duties include performing formulary management activities, policy development, evaluating and updating Medicaid Pharmacy polices, handling member and provider inquires and requests for coverage, Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board support including review of the clinical materials and assistance with logistics and interface with DUR Board members and implementing pharmacy related budget initiatives.
Additional Comments Geographic Adjustment of $11,000 will be added to the salary.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/PC/89408 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/PC/89408, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.