Empire State Plaza, Corning Tower
Minimum Qualifications "Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field, AND, seven years of post-graduate experience in health care fiscal management. Two years of the experience must have been at the managerial level.
Substitution: Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field may substitute for one year of the non-managerial experience. "
Preferred Qualifications: "Proactive approach to fiscal management including an ability to forecast revenue and expenses and identify shortfalls before they occur, within a healthcare facility. Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and private billing within Healthcare facilities, especially long term care facilities. Experience and success in identifying and implementing cost saving measures for Healthcare Facilities.
Duties Description As Director of Health Institution Financial Administration, you would be responsible for centralized oversight of all fiscal operations including revenue and expenditure budgets for four state operated veterans nursing homes and Helen Hayes Hospital. You would work collaboratively with facility fiscal staff developing and implementing sound fiscal policies, monitoring the fiscal status of facilities, overseeing revenue forecasting, and developing plans to correct revenue shortfalls and over-expenditures. You would directly supervise the central billing office for the four nursing homes and may serve as the Chief Financial Officer for a facility during the transition of fiscal officers.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more...
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference ML/DHIFD/03341 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, ML/DHIFD/03341, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.