Griffin Laboratory, Guilderland, NY
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status as a Security Officer (G-8), Security Services Assistant 1 (G-6) or Correction Officer (G14) and eligible to transfer to Security Officer (G8) under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will monitor and maintain security systems to control access to buildings and restricted areas; conduct scheduled rounds; inspect building fire and safety equipment; during fire drills, instruct and direct people to routes of egress; prepare and write reports involving incidents or accidents.
Additional Comments Permanent, competitive, full-time. Transfer candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify eligibility. Candidates must have, and continuously maintain, their current Security Guard Photo ID issued by the NYS Department of State in order to accept and maintain employment. A copy of your Security Guard Photo ID must accompany your resume. Candidates must also possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State at the time of appointment and continuously thereafter.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/SO/11281 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/SO/11281, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.