99 Washington Ave
Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Health Program Administrator (G18); OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to a Health Program Administrator (G18), Health Program Administrator Trainee 1 (NS), or Health Program Administrator Trainee 2 (NS).
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the Medicaid Program, Managed Care, Public Health Law, and Regulation. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Duties Description "This is a position within the BMCCS Certification Unit where the incumbent of this position will assist with all activities within the Certification unit including, but not limited to the following program areas:
• Assist with Review and approval of management and provider contracts.
• Assist with Provider network review.
• Assist with Coordination of transactions including expansions, mergers, or purchase agreements between MCOs.
• Assist with Review of Character and competence for MCO personnel or contracted management vendors.
Assist in the review of MCOs Fraud, Waste, and Abuse policies and procedures
• Assist with operational or targeted survey activities.
• Other related duties as applicable.
• Travel is required"
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SD/HPA/87435 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/HPA/87435, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.