ESP, Wadsworth Center
Minimum Qualifications Non-Competitive: Bachelor's degree in the natural sciences and three years of post-degree professional research experience in an appropriate field, or a Master's degree in the appropriate field and two years of such experience; or a doctorate in the appropriate field.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred qualifications to include training or experience in molecular genetics and clinical testing. Must have strong analytical skills, be well organized and work independently as well as having excellent written, verbal communication, and computer skills.
Duties Description The Clinical Laboratory Evaluation Program (CLEP) is responsible for the oversight of all clinical laboratories that tests patient specimens that originate from New York State. CLEP requires laboratories that use laboratory developed tests (LDTs) to detect genetic diseases to have the test method and supporting data evaluated and approved before the test can be used. A Research Scientist 2 is needed to perform independent research on emerging genetic tests, ensuring that genetic tests developed by clinical laboratories are analytically and clinically valid, and ensure that individuals who direct laboratories that performs genetic testing have the appropriate qualifications to oversee this type of testing.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/RS2/14584 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/RS2/14584, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until June 21, 2023.