1 Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications "Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as an Administrative Assistant 2, Grade 15.
OR: Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Keyboarding proficiency is a minimum requirement of this position. If you have not previously held a keyboarding position, you must pass the NewYork State Department of Civil Service Typing Performance Test.
Provisional Promotion*: NYS DOH employee with one year or more permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status in a Administrative Assistant 1. If appointed provisionally, the incumbent will need to take the next Civil Service examination for this title and pass with a score that will be immediately reachable on the resulting eligible list. Failure to take, pass and achieve a reachable score on the examination may result in revocation of the appointment.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum 2 years experience organizing day-to-day administrative operations of a professional office, including establishing office procedures, resolving day-to-day operational problems, and coordinating information flow by acting as liaison among executives, staff, other employees."
Duties Description Establish office procedures; design filing systems; implement policies and procedures related to administration of division and bureaus; maintain efficient work flow; resolve day-to-day operational problems; coordinate and maintain division director and leadership calendars; organize, expedite and follow up on projects; and coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among executives, staff, other employees and other state agencies.
Additional Comments Strong understanding of Department of Health Personnel and NYS Civil Service systems and organization a plus.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SD/AA2/04145 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/AA2/04145, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.