99 Washington Ave
Minimum Qualifications Licensure and current NYS registration as a Professional Nurse and three years post-licensure professional nursing experience, at least two years of whch must have been professional clincial nursing experience in a licensed health facility. Qualifying health facilities and programs include hospitals, nursing homes, adult homes, ambulatory facilities, managed care organizations, psychiatric centers, diagnostic and treatment clinics, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, hospice, renal dialysis units, alcoholism and substance abuse treatment facilities, developmental centers and community based programs for the mentally ill and developmentally disabled. Experience as a RN in a private doctor's office or group practice or as a school nurse is NOT considered qualifying. Substitution: a bachelor's or master's degree in Nursing can be substituted for one year of the required general nursing experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare or managed care program compliance and surveillance and case reviews.
Duties Description The Health Care Surveyor Nurse 2 performs quality assurance and case file reviews, conduct surveys or complaint investigations of managed long term care plans and providers and prepares written reports of compliance reviews and assessments.
Additional Comments "*Maintaining licensure and registration is a condition of continued employment.
*Posted salary range includes the statutory hiring rate at step 4 and job rate for PS&T Grade 20 ($77,029 - $86140) and an additional Geographic Pay Differential of $20,000
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/HCS29(NURSING)/87460 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/HCS29(NURSING)/87460, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.