93 West Campbell Road
Duties Description The NYS Department of Tax and Finance - Schenectady is actively recruiting hourly employees. Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally while representing the department, are essential.
Under the direct supervision of a Taxpayer Service Representative 2, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Answer inbound calls from taxpayers and select state agencies in a timely and friendly manner.
• Provide excellent customer service while safeguarding confidential information.
• Evaluate problems, inquiries and complaints of the callers and provide proper solutions to them.
• Research needed information using available and provided resources.
• Route calls to other team members and/or specified departments whenever needed.
• Make relevant notes from customer interactions.
• Report on customer feedback.
• Complete call logs and reports.
• Enter and/or retrieve information from computer databases.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Explain agency and program policies and procedures.
• Have familiarity with computers and Microsoft Suite programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Be able to work independently and use effective time management skills.
• Offer constructive feedback and improvement opportunities to the team.
• Perform other related office duties as required.
• Comply to agency and program policies and procedures.
Additional Comments Positions are available at the Via Port Mall location: 93 WestCampbell Road Schenectady, NY.
All successful candidates must be fully compliant with allFederal, State and Local Tax Laws, which includes being currentwith their Tax Return Filings.
Fingerprinting is required as part of the background check priorto appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.