Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Open and close skate rental facility.
• Collect skate rental fees by accepting cash or credit card payments from customers; make change for cash customers.
• Balance cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
• Assist customers with skate sizes.
• Maintain daily inventory of rental skates.
• Inspect rental skates to ensure there is no apparent damage.
• Operate skate sharpening machines (training provided).
• Provide information about facilities, skate rink events, and rules and regulations.
• Assist in maintaining clean conditions within the skate rental facility.
• Ensure safe skating is maintained at the ice rink.
• Light custodial duties.
• Provide excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team and independently.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside.
• Experience in a cash-handling position.
• Ability to skate.
Additional Comments Shift: Various shifts Sunday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza