Wadsworth Center David Axelrod Institute 120 New Scotland Ave
Minimum Qualifications "Permanent Transfer: Current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service as an Office Assistant 1 Stores/Mail G-6, OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent- permanent, competitive service in a position allocated to a salary Grade-4 or above and eligible for transfer to an Office Assistant 1 Stores/Mail, Grade-6 under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Beginning Office Assistant eligible list#26-711 with a score of 100 or higher, OR qualified 55 b/c candidate. "
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with mail, receiving and shipping operations, customer service and use of material handling equipment. Proficient computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing software. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner, manage multiple activities and meet deadlines.
Duties Description This position is located within the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center Mail, Receiving and Asset Management Unit. Duties will include but are not limited to: Mail delivery and pickup, incoming USPS Mail, UPS and FedEx processing, accepting and processing deliveries (unloading trucks with and without heavy equipment), and processing outgoing letters, packages, crates and pallets using USPS, UPS and FedEx. Performing asset management duties including equipment receiving, tagging, delivery and pick-up. Fielding inquiries regarding all aspects of the units directives.
Additional Comments Permanent, full-time appointment. This position requires the ability to routinely lift and/or carry heavy items and requires the ability to routinely reach, bend, stand and walk for long periods of time.
Permanent, Competitive, full-time. Transfer candidates may be asked for SSN to verify title history and eligibility.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/OA1/11228 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/OA1/11228, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until September 18, 2023.