One Commerce Plaza
Minimum Qualifications "Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Senior Health Care Management Systems Analyst (G18); OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the NYS Civil Service Law to a Senior Health Care Management Systems Analyst (G18), Health Care Management Systems Analyst Trainee 1 (NS), or Health Care Management Systems Analyst Trainee 2 (NS). For more information on the types of transfers, transfer eligibility criteria, and the current transfer determinations for your title, visit the following website. https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/index.cfm.
Public candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities – Select Titles (PCO) eligible list #50002 with a score of 100.0 or higher OR qualified 55 B/C candidate in possession of a bachelor’s degree or higher including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, health administration, health policy, health systems, political science and/or public administration"
Preferred Qualifications: Critical thinking skills, analytical skills with Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience and/or education in healthcare and trend analyses.
Duties Description "The Senior Health Care Management Systems Analyst will serve as a financial analyst and play a vital role on the Contracting and Fiscal Oversight team ensuring that Managed Care Organizations (MCO's) meet mandated fiscal, regulatory and policy compliance standards.
The incumbent's duties will include but are not limited to:
• Review quarterly and annual financial reporting for managed care plans for timeliness and accuracy, including MMCORs, MLR reports, MCO Annual Certified Audited Financial Statements, MCO holding company statements and MCO NYS Escrow Fund bank statements submitted by MCOs.
• Review Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) filings and data for compliance with State and Federal regulations, along with notifying supervisory staff to provide outreach to ensure fiscal reporting requirements are met.
• Monitoring the financial condition and solvency of MCOs, including analysis of their financial operations and compliance with financial reporting for compliance with Public Health Law, regulations, and policies.
• Reviewing and evaluating equity transfers, such as dividend requests, asset transfers, and surplus note repayments.
• Using their MCO access to the State proprietary MMCOR software reports on the Health Commerce System (HCS) to evaluate fiscal solvency and other regulatory transactions.
• Communicating report findings and work with MCOs to improve compliance in all areas of fiscal reporting and data submission.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference MS/SHCMSA/80464,87319,90732 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, MS/SHCMSA/80464,87319,90732, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.