2863 Corning Tower ESP
Minimum Qualifications "Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Senior Administrative Analyst (G18); OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to a Senior Administrative Analyst (G18), Administrative Analyst Trainee 1 (NS), or Administrative Analyst Trainee 2 (NS).
Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-872 with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree."
Preferred Qualifications: "The preferred candidate will have the following knowledge, experience and skillset:
- NYS procurement guidelines, policy and procedure.
- NYS human resources activities, including recruitment, classification and compensation and appointment.
- Division of Budget guidelines and State Finance Law.
- Project Management
- Procurement, Human Resource, Account Payable and Budgeting
- Use of the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Grants Gateway.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well with a team and manage multiple competing priorities is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills"
Duties Description The Senior Administrative Analyst will perform reviews of work flow, product and procedures involved with the Administrative Management Services Group (AMSG) functions of contract management, position management, grant management, fiscal administration, procurement, reporting, and financial analysis for the Office of Primary Care & Health Systems Management (OPCHSM) and provide recommendation to management. The position will support the following activities: coordination of position management activities; management of miscellaneous services/grant contracts; production and review of expenditure plans; and payment processing.
Additional Comments This position may require travel including to areas that are not serviced by public transportation.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference LD/SAA/51544 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, LD/SAA/51544, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.