Minimum Qualifications A current student in one of the following degree programs: Architecture, Business Administration, Construction Technology, Criminal Justice/Homeland Security, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Administration, Public Health, Supply Chain Management.
Duties Description The Office if Property Supports and Emergency Services is a centralized support office whose mission is to provide a standardized team approach to the management of the Physical Plant Maintenance, Capital Services, Safety & Security, Fire Safety, Emergency Maintenance, and Environmental Services. Interns may work alongside facilities planners, design professionals, records managers, and emergency services personnel. Interns will assist PSES senior staff in project management and execution in areas such as program development, resource, records, and inventory management. Interns may also conduct local site visits for the purpose of project planning and data collection.
Positions may be located at any of the below locations:
- Oneida: 199 Mill St, Rome
- Richmond:1150 Forest Hill Rd, Staten Island
- Albany: 44 Holland Ave, Albany
- Broome: 249 Glenwood Rd, Binghamton
- Erie: 1200 East & West Rd, West Seneca
- Monroe: 620 Westfall Rd, Rochester
- Schenectady: 500 Balltown Rd, Schenectady
Additional Comments • The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and it's Division of Administration is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a
diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture, and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our
team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State
Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.