875 Central Ave
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer Candidates: One year of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Medicaid Redesign Analyst 2, G-23 and eligible for 70.1 transfer. OR Reachable on the appropriate Civil Service Eligible List for this title.
Preferred Qualifications:"Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills and strong attention to detail. Experience analyzing and understanding laws and regulations, esp those related to Long-Term Care Facilities.
Experience with Long-Term Care Facilities, such as Nursing Homes, Assisted Living or Home Care.
Experience with licensure or certification of facilities or programs.
Experience with supervision of staff and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders."
Duties Description This position will provide systems support to the Center for Long-Term Care Licensure, Planning, and Finance. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Research current Center policies and procedures and assist with the development and streamlining of policies and processes;
• Research the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) law and regulation and assist with the development and implementation of the PACE program and other Center initiatives/programs;
• Review current Center data tools and reporting procedures and lead the streamlining of the Bureau reporting processes and assist with the development of Center-wide reports as needed;
• Participate/lead research projects and other special projects related to long-term care facility and support services licensure as needed;
• Supervise an LTCSS1 staff or equivalent, including training and performance evaluations, if applicable;
• Collaborate with other Center/OALTC/DOH staff, other state agencies, and stakeholders on projects or OALTC initiatives;
• May serve as subject matter expert in meetings/work groups and provide technical assistance to both internal DOH staff and external stakeholders;
• Assist with recruitment of staff as needed to support the Center in the implementation of new programs and initiatives; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments "We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more..."
"For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm"
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
HRMG, Corning Tower, Room 2217
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference SM/LTCSS2/95009 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SM/LTCSS2/95009, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.