Minimum Qualifications "One year of permanent service as a Data Analyst 1 OR bachelor's degree in data or computer science, informatics, economics, statistrics, mathematics, or a related field, AND three years of experience* in data visualization, and statistical models and data mining tools.
*Substitution: A master's degree in the above dields may substitute for one year of the specialized experience. A Ph.D. in the above fields may substitute for two years of the specialized experience."
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with public health and/or community-based research and evaluation techniques. Can translate raw data into a user-friendly formats for end-users. Knowledge of health workforce recruitment and retainment challenges in New York State. Solid experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Duties Description "Conduct research including but not limited to: information gathering, data collection, and analysis using a variety of statistical techniques to inform policy and/or management decisions related to health workforce strategies
Conduct outcome evaluation activities, including but not limited to program implementation and evaluation design, survey development, data collection, data entry, analysis, and interpretation
Work with Unit Director to draft reports and presentations based on research and evaluation findings including but not limited to the creation of tables and charts for end-users; drafting reports to document analyses and procedures; assisting with conclusions from analyzed data to make appropriate recommendations"
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference PC/DA2/51557, 51558 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, PC/DA2/51557, 51558, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.