875 Central Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Health Program Administrator (G18); OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to a Health Program Administrator (G18), Health Program Administrator Trainee 1 (NS), or Health Program Administrator Trainee 2 (NS). You may be asked for a Social Security Number to verify your transfer eligibility. For more information on the types of transfers, transfer eligibility criteria, and the current transfer determinations for your title, visit the following website. https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/index.cfm. Public candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-872 with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualification: Knowledge of Nursing Home surveillance process and State and Federal laws and regulations, excellent communication, written and organizational skills; ability to function independently and to work cooperatively in a team based setting; ability to deal with multiple tasks and priorities; ability to use various computer software programs Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, State Financial System, Executive Correspondence Unit (ECU) process and policies and procedures for responding to FOIL inquires, and other database applications.
Duties Description "This position will support the Office of Aging and Long Term Care, Bureau of Quality and Assurance (BQA). The individual selected for this position will perform administrative support and communications tasks for the Department.
Responsibilities may include all or some of the following:
•Coordinate the Regional Office’s response to FOIL requests and subpoenas including assisting in assembling responsive documents.
• Coordinate and maintaining all Regional Office records both electronic and hard copy if required.
• Participate in process improvement projects undertaken by the Regional Office.
• Coordinate and maintain the federal database used to record nursing home surveillance activities, including timely data entry, development of correspondence and uploads to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
• Responsible for scheduling and tracking the survey process including developing survey schedules, tracking specific target dates and communicating important deadlines to surveillance staff when needed.
• Answering and triaging Responsibilities may include all or some of the following from nursing homes, associations and the public.
• Run weekly, biweekly, monthly, annual, and Ad Hoc reports from CMS data bases.
• Analyze and create Excel tracking reports.
• Any other requested tasks to support the Bureau.
Additional Comments This position may require showing proof of vaccination against Covid-19 virus.
"We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more..."
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SM/HPA/46000 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SM/HPA/46000, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.