47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The prospective candidate may be assigned to either Highway Maintenance or Bridge Maintenance. Additional details and preferences will be discussed during the interview.
The following are the general duties and responsibilities:
1) Inspect and evaluate both structural and safety flags on State owned bridges.
2) Inspect and resolve all bridge related emergencies and complaints.
3) On call 24/7 to respond emergencies, Incident Command System, and handle flags.
4) Prepare detailed work order for both flags and non-flags repairs on bridges.
5) Coordinate with various Regional Groups and NYCDOT to resolve all flags and bridge related work /emergencies.
6) Coordinate with various NYC Agencies; including, NYC Homeless services, NYC Sanitation, NYPD, and NYSDOT Construction group to resolve homeless issues / concerns.
7) Lead quality assurance team on all partial and final inspections for State construction contracts.
8) Review and manage Overhead Sign Structure (OSS) flags and repair request.
9) Coordinate and review contract plans and permits.
10) Respond and resolve on-going construction contract issues; W&W, NSCO and maintenance contracts.
11) Manage and monitor cost, progress, and database for the various Where and When Contracts.
12) Maintain and manage the safety and structural flag’s database.
13) Attend / coordinate monthly State-City task force meetings.
14) Prepare IPP (Initial Project Proposal) and Scope of Work for Maintenance Projects.
15) Develop PSE (Plans, Specifications and Estimate) for Maintenance Projects.
Additional Comments Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Salary to include an additional $3,087 location pay.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with Notice Number R11-23-75 in the subject line and referenced in the cover letter no later than, October 5, 2023, to:
NYS Dept. of Transportation – Region 11
47-40 21st Street – Room 840
Long Island City, NY 11101
Via email: email@example.com
***PLEASE INCLUDE R11-23-75 IN THE SUBJECT LINE***