47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher-level staff, the incumbent of this position will provide support to Region 11’s Planning and Program Management Groups. The Office is responsible for the delivery of the Five-Year Capital Program, Local Program Administration and Emergency Relief efforts, Project Development, Inter-Agency Coordination, Data Collection, and Transit/Transportation Demand Management. It is expected that the selected candidate be proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products, Geometric Design, Cost Estimating, Traffic Analysis, Economic Analysis, and Preparation of Technical Reports.
Duties MAY include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise a Project Development Squad and work together with squad members to prepare Corridor & Sub-corridor Studies, Preliminary Feasibility Investigation reports, and draft Design Approval Documents for mobility and sustainability projects and for other types of projects as needed.
• Supervise and/or assist in a variety of technical tasks including identification of existing conditions/problem identification, traffic analysis, geometric design, and development and evaluation of improvement alternatives
• Review of internal and external plans and proposals and identify opportunities for inclusion of mobility / sustainability improvements where appropriate
• Assist in obtaining consensus and resolving problems for planning, mobility / sustainability elements projects being progressed by the Project Development unit as well as those progressed by other functional units in the Region
• Prepare and make presentations to internal and external audiences
• Lead Project Development Unit efforts including compiling and organizing data, documenting conditions, issues and problems for highway improvement projects’ and assisting in meeting preparation and coordination
Additional Comments Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Salary to include an additional $3,087 location pay.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number R11-23-76 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 5, 2023 to:
Personnel Office NYS Dept. of Transportation – Region 11
47-40 21st Street – Room 840
Long Island City, NY 11101
Via email: email@example.com
***PLEASE INCLUDE R11-23-76 IN THE SUBJECT LINE***