47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
NOTE: Engineering Traineeship Program: As an Engineer Trainee, you will serve a 24-month traineeship that leads to Assistant Engineer, Grade 20. To advance to Assistant Engineer, you must have obtained proof of passing the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FE) and successfully completed the requirements of the traineeship to the satisfaction of the appointing authority. At the discretion of the appointing authority, early advancement to Assistant Engineer is possible if you have obtained your FE and have successfully completed twelve months of the traineeship. It is your responsibility to notify the appointing authority’s personnel office upon obtaining proof of passing the FE. You may receive an increase in salary upon obtaining your FE. Information about this increase will be provided by the appointing authority.
• Identify and study traffic safety issues in order to develop solutions that are in accordance with the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices and other federal and state standards and practices.
• Prepare and review plans, specifications and estimates to address the above safety concerns and ensure adherence to standards.
• Aid in executing work zone safety initiatives and participate in annual work zone safety reviews.
• Evaluate mobility concerns and develop recommendations to address them, including applying traffic flow modeling and simulation techniques in the analysis.
• Contribute to the design, construction, maintenance and operations of the intelligent transportation (ITS) network that feeds into the Joint Transportation Management Center (JTMC).
Additional Comments Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Salary to include an additional $3,087 location pay.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and current resume with Notice Number R11-23-77 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 5,2023 to:
Personnel Office NYS Dept. of Transportation – Region 11
47-40 21st Street – Room 840
Long Island City, NY 11101
Via email: email@example.com
***PLEASE INCLUDE R11-23-77 IN THE SUBJECT LINE***