875 Central Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Candidates: Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Administrative Specialist 1, G18, OR a New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent service in a title eligible for transfer to Administrative Specialist 1 under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Public Candidates: Active list candidate on Professional Career Opportunities eligible list #26-872 with a score of 100 or higher OR qualified 55b/c candidate in possession of a bachelor's or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Attention to detail and accuracy; knowledge of office procedures and administrative practices; familiarity with the State Fiscal System (SFS) including travel and expense reporting; and knowledge of state recruitment policies and procedures including management of personnel recruitment, on-boarding, and off-boarding.
Excellent leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and organizational and time management skills, and the ability to motivate a team. Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and agencies; Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities effectively. Strong customer service skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to make sound judgment decisions and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion; Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Duties Description The Administrative Specialist 1 position provides essential support to the Director, Deputy Director, and the office as a whole and is responsible for division human resource activities, fleet management, executive correspondence, and various staff services in support of the Director and Deputy Director.
Additional Comments Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference PC/AS1/52044 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, PC/AS1/52044, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.