50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Associate Administrative Analyst or Director of NYSDOT’s Enterprise Risk Management Bureau (ERM), the Senior Administrative Analyst will:
• Participate on a team to examine NYSDOT’s internal control system and assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions to keep NYSDOT in compliance with the New York State Internal Control Standards.
• Assist with the Annual Internal Control Certification: prepare related documents, coordinate with program area managers as needed, prepare data summaries, and other documents as requested.
• Evaluate internal control reviews and function vulnerability assessments completed by managers program officials and Bureau staff for internal control deficiencies and high-risk programs and activities.
• Conduct meetings with program area managers and staff to analyze and test controls to determine the condition of the controls, system of internal controls, and provide written recommendations to staff for weaknesses identified.
• Assist in updating the listing of NYSDOT’s functions, related vulnerabilities, and corrective actions.
• Participate on a team to facilitate risk management activities including risk identification, risk assessment, and developing risk management strategies to address high risk programs and activities. Monitor implementation of risk responses.
• Analyze data and prepare detailed reports.
• Facilitate information asset classification activities by working collaboratively with OITS and information owners in classifying information and data and implementing required controls; recommend controls to address deficiencies.
• Track and maintain information asset classification data; compile and prepare annual reports to Executive Management, communicate and share information with OITS as requested.
• Oversee/manage the official issuance system using SharePoint.
• Coordinate with Division Liaisons to update Manual of Administrative Procedures and Policies; track progress and finalize documents. Review submitted policies and procedures for internal controls.
• Provide training and presentations on ERM programs and internal control topics.
• Maintain/modify the Office of Audit’s IntraDOT and external web pages. Update internal ERM policies, guidance documents and procedures as necessary.
• Special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments *Telecommuting: Opportunities to telecommute will be discussed at interview.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-475 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 6th, 2023