Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law, or be appointed in accordance with provisions provided by Civil Service Law, Section 55b/c.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
The minimum requirements for taking the Junior Landscape Architect examination require
Either 1. a bachelor’s or higher-level degree in landscape architecture.
Or 2. a Landscape Architect’s License from any state or political subdivision of the United States.
*Note: Your degree must have been awarded by a college or university with a Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board (LAAB) accredited curriculum, a Canadian Society of Landscape Architects Accreditation Council (CSLAAC), or by a regionally accredited college of university of one recognized by the NYS Education Department as following acceptable practices.
*Junior Landscape Architects who have successfully completed one year of service and have passed any two Sections of the current or incoming Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE) will be advanced to Landscape Architect, Grade 20. Failure to obtain a passing result on any two Sections of the LARE within the first year of service will result in removal from your position.
Advanced Placement: If beyond meeting the minimum qualifications you have passed any two Sections of the current or incoming LARE AND have one year of full-time experience, you may be appointed directly to a Landscape Architect, Grade 20. You must inform the appointing agency of this experience at the time of the interview. Advanced placement opportunities are at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Duties Description This position will be located in the Office of Design, Design Bureau.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepares plans, specifications, and estimates for the landscape, roadway, wetland mitigation, grading, drainage, sidewalk, bike path, storm water quality, and quantity management portions of highway and bridge projects,
• Utilizes Micro station, In Roads, Hydro CADD, ProjectWise, and other software packages to perform project work,
• Coordinates the landscape and site work with architectural and engineering work in the planning, design, and construction phases,
• Develops presentation materials and renderings (project visualizations) for public outreach,
• Participates in the preparation of Design Reports, design guidance and other written documents,
• Reviews projects for environmental impacts and prepares associated documents to support environmental process determinations,
• Performs occasional GPS data collection for wetland delineations,
• Handles special assigned duties such as correspondence, interviews and investigations,
• Additional duties can be discussed during interview
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments **Telecommuting: Yes, to be discussed at interview
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Rd., POD 2-3
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-484 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 10th, 2023,