25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications : One year of experience as a skilled tradesperson with appropriate experience which will vary based on the assigned responsibilities in the mechanical, electrical, building, or other trades after the completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Duties Description A Maintenance Supervisor 1 functions as a working supervisor of journey level
trades staff engaged in maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and construction activities. The position supervises and provides technical direction to a facility's maintenance crew consisting of skilled and semiskilled tradesmen in the building, mechanical and electrical trades performing building maintenance, repairs, construction, and installation activities.
• Reviews maintenance requests, and as required visits the project site to confirm the nature and extent of maintenance requested and to determine such information as dimensions and the materials, equipment and labor required to complete the project.
• Prepares or supervises the preparation of sketches, plans, estimates of material and labor needs and costs, and work schedules.
• Plans and directs renovation and construction projects.
• Supervises the implementation and enforces the preventive maintenance program.
• Observes and inspects work while in progress and when completed to make sure that specific codes and regulations are followed, materials and equipment are used properly, schedules are met, and work is performed according to plan.
• Develops training programs for staff by determining training needs based on observation of work performance.
• Implements and enforces safety procedures and standards for all facility and community maintenance operations.
• Inspects work performed by outside contractors to insure conformance to project plans and specifications.
• Periodically prepares standard written evaluations of work performance of subordinate employees.
• Inspects properties on a regular basis and as assigned to determine maintenance needs based on findings.
• Supervises the clerical activities related to the centralized maintenance program to ensure that work orders are properly and accurately prepared, that records and reports are maintained and filed, and reviews completed work requests to determine if time standards, means and methods, and job estimates were met.
• Utilizing a computerized work order system, assigns job tasks to maintenance staff, prepares, and maintains records of work performed and completed and accounts for labor and material used.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials and Mold clean-up and remediation.
Additional Comments • Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number and position title of this announcement on your resume.