4 Burnett Blvd
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service Secretary 1 eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
If you are not serving in an appropriate keyboarding title, you must pass a typing test prior to appointment.
Duties Description • Prepare letters, memos, and reports as assigned for review and signature.
• Coordinate and track correspondence.
• Answer calls from internal and external callers, document messages, and forward as appropriate.
• Schedule appointments and meetings using available software.
• Perform various clerical or office assistance tasks such as maintaining stock of office supplies, maintaining various files and databases, processing incoming, outgoing, and inter-office mail.
• IT requestor for end-user issues, including on-boarding and off-boarding staff.
• Assist with various Personnel tasks, such as coordinating and scheduling interviews, Personnel transactions, etc.
• Assist in purchasing and procurement, in accordance with NYS procurement guidelines and the
Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• The preferred candidate will be proficient in the use of various software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Additional duties as assigned
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
4 Burnett Blvd
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number R08-23-112 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 7, 2023