50 Wolf road
Minimum Qualifications Non-Competitive: Eight years of experience as experience in the review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with equal employment opportunity laws, rules and regulations; in the planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with equal employment opportunity, human rights, affirmative action, minority business program coordination, and/or labor relations directly relating to affirmative action; or in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public and private sector, including one year of experience at the supervisory level. A bachelor's degree may substitute for four years of the non-supervisory experience. A master's degree may substitute for one year of the non-supervisory experience.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will be responsible for:
• Managing the day-to-day program activities of the On the Job Training and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise federal Supportive Services Programs.
• Representing the Director at meetings and events and acting as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders.
• Providing the necessary information and training to ensure that NYSDOT managers and supervisors are aware of and able to take advantage of workforce development, training, and apprentice programs administered within the Office of Diversity,
• Tracking DBE, MWBE, SDVOB, OJT and Title VI program related performance measures.
• Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise and remaining current on DBE, MWBE, SDVOB, OJT, and Title VI reporting and compliance requirements,
• Keeping track of funding awards,
• Coordinating the quarterly and annual reports required by program guidelines,
• Creating, scheduling, coordinating, and conducting training on aspects of how to work with the Department for all internal and external stakeholders.
• Proposing and developing information for dissemination to the general public and, where appropriate, in languages other than English.
• Maintaining oversight of consultants
• Providing written summary reports to the Director as requested.
• Managing special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Director.
• Travel is required.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Rd.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-495 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than October 16th, 2023