1257 Trumansburg Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Currently serving in the title of Motor Vehicle Operator.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Motor Vehicle Operators regularly drive any of a variety of motor vehicles including automobiles, trucks, and wheelchair vans in order to transport people, material, and equipment as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives a variety of motor vehicles, both on and off State property, in order to transport people, material and equipment, as required.
• Moves and carries cargo onto and off operated vehicles.
• Tends to routine maintenance of vehicle operated (checks fluids and fills when needed, etc.).
• Bus driving
• Moving (Office and Residential)
• Transporting supplies, equipment, etc
• Operate heavy equipment
• Assist in clerical duties
• May operate and maintain motorized equipment in support of maintenance, grounds, or other areas as needed
• Shoveling, snow plowing, grass cutting and campus grounds work
• Candidates will be expected to demonstrate and will be evaluated against the following criteria:
• Must be very organized and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
• Candidate must be able to provide good customer service and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Candidate must be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are currently a New York State employee serving in a permanent competitive qualifying title and eligible for a transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, you may be appointed to this title as a permanent competitive employee.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. • The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter and résumé by October 13, 2023, to:
Broome DDSO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the above EOA # 231013A in all correspondence