25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications Non-competitive:
Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions
Incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license.
Duties Description Facility Operations Assistants perform a variety of routine unskilled and semiskilled manual tasks related to the operation and maintenance of State-owned buildings and facilities, the surrounding grounds, and the vehicles and equipment used in maintaining these sites.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs routine and unskilled work such as carrying supplies and equipment, erecting ladders and scaffolding, cleaning, flushing, and repairing gutters and drains, removing materials from construction sites, preparing surfaces, and spreading paint, digging ditches, loading, and unloading trucks, carrying bricks and mortar, performing rough carpentry and masonry work, and cleaning the work site after repair work is completed. Performs minor electrical duties including but not limited to replacing receptacles, light fixtures, and circuit breakers.
• Operates self-propelled and motorized equipment, such as lawn mowers, pumps, compressors, vehicles, small trucks, light construction equipment, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and snow removal equipment. Preforms a variety of painting related duties including but not limited to preparing surfaces, priming, and painting.
• Performs general grounds maintenance tasks such as clearing sites, raking or tilling soil, mowing lawns, applying fertilizers and pesticides, cutting brush and wood, trimming, and removing trees and shrubs, maintaining roads and sidewalks, and removing snow, trash, and other obstructions from the building and surrounding areas. Loads trucks with debris, dirt, and other materials.
• May perform office-related activities such as filing, alphabetizing, photocopying, sorting, and delivering mail, inventorying, and storing records or supplies on shelves, bins and/or on the floor; documents work performed, and labor and materials used.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
Additional Comments • Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number and position title on this announcement on your resume.