Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services.
When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Duties Description The incumbent will be responsible for a primary trade in one of the following areas: carpentry; plumbing; electric; motor equipment; small engine repair or masonry. Trades Generalists across various trades have one responsibility in common and that is performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, installation, and construction tasks in the mechanical, building, motor equipment and electrical trades. Incumbents must have a working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in their respective trade. Duties include:
• Plan and lay out projects.
• Supervise and train others.
• Read and interpret plans.
• May be assigned to other duties besides those described above, including directing facility maintenance, operating aquatics area filter rooms and pumps as well as handling pool chemicals.
• May be responsible for directing park operations in the absence of park management.
Additional Comments OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver's license as a term and condition of employment.
• The schedule is 40 hours per week, with pass days to be determined. Weekend, evening, and holiday shifts may also be required.
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Must be able to supervise others and to act independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Must have ability to understand and carry out instructions, including in writing.
• Must have knowledge of standard safety practices.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
6105 East Seneca Turnpike
Notes on ApplyingJoin our team! Come see why it's great to work for New York State Parks! https://parks.ny.gov/employment
If you feel you meet the minimum qualification and the agency’s operating needs, and are interested in being considered for this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from you local park office, your region’s administrative headquarters or you can download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at www.parks.ny/gov/employment. Please forward your application and resume to Andrea Egan, NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, 6105 East Seneca Turnpike, Jamesville, NY 13078 or Central.Employment@parks.ny.gov. If you have any questions concerning this position, please contact Charles Halligan at (315) 492-1756.
All qualified persons are invited and encouraged to apply.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe their experience and demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications and agency operating needs.