Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications Required for Appointment:
Six years of experience* in one or more of the following assignment areas with a national network, local network television affiliate, cable news, commercial media production facility, marketing communications agency or related operation.
*News videographer, studio camera operator, art director, copywriter, graphic designer, video editor, producer, or web designer.
College study in a related field may be substituted for up to four years of experience with 30 credit hours equaling one year of experience.
Preferred Experience: Motion graphic experience in Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D.
Duties Description The Digital and Media Services Center, housed within the Office of General Services (OGS), is a full-service solutions provider with unparalleled experience partnering with New York State agencies, authorities, and entities to meet their communications and digital needs. The Multimedia Production Representative 1 (Graphic Designer) will report directly to the Creative Director and will be tasked with the creation of custom static pieces for print, e-mail, web, and social media.
• Lead design projects and work directly with state agency clients, the Executive Chamber, and media buyers.
• Collaborate with the Creative Operations Director, copywriters, and producers to conceptualize and create unique campaigns to promote the state’s agencies, services, and programs.
• Advise clients on best practices and strategies to deliver their message to target audiences.
• Follow branding guidelines, ensure that logos, color themes, and creative looks are accurate and consistent across all platforms.
• Review designs with clients, make edits based on client feedback, and see projects through to the deliverable phase.
• Manage and track progress of projects to ensure timely completion.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza