Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
Duties Description Reporting to the Chief Hearing Officer, this position will provide a wide range of administrative support while maintaining a high level of confidentiality in all matters of daily operations for the Office of Administrative Hearings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain staff and event calendars, coordinate/schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors. Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared to staff for meetings, set up and run Webex for hearings.
• Make travel arrangements for staff according to NYS travel procedure. Create and/or submit travel expense reports for staff.
• Support daily operations by greeting visitors, answering the telephone and handing inquiries. Take messages and transfer calls to appropriate staff as needed.
• Handle incoming and outgoing email/mail. Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail/email or other materials to answer routine inquiries. Prepare various documents for mailing.
• Operate office equipment such as printers, scanners, and copiers; and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions. Maintain supply inventory and submit orders for supplies.
• Create, maintain, and enter information into spreadsheets and databases.
• Set up and manage paper and electronic filing systems. Prepare reports, forms and other correspondence in accordance with OCM procedures. Make copies of various documents for filing and distribute applicable documentation to appropriate staff.
• Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and proper grammar, ensures that office format policies are followed, and recommends revisions.
• Search for information using various sources including the internet.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza