Minimum of three years of full-time experience in managing grants, contracts and related budgets. The managing of grants/contracts should include experience in following areas: processing claims; contract development, including developing requests for proposals; contract execution; and monitoring and review of contract terms.
A post-secondary degree from an accredited institution and two years technical experience directly related to grants administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for post-secondary degree.
Duties Description The incumbent assists in managing the activities of the Office of Indigent Legal Services (ILS) related to the distribution of grants and funds. The incumbent of this position will serve as Assistant Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution and will report to the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution. Responsibilities include:
• Works in close concert with the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution and Agency Counsel, reviews confidential case data and prepares Indigent Legal Services Fund distribution initiatives for the Director’s approval pursuant to Executive Law Article 30, Sections 832 (3) (a) - (j). This activity requires a basic understanding of legal concepts, statutory interpretation and attorney-client privilege.
• Assists in the agency’s effort to apply for and accept any grant or gift for any of the purposes of the Office or the Indigent Legal Services Board, pursuant to the provisions of Executive Law Article 30, Section 832 (3) (k)
• All case-related information and knowledge obtained in the performance of these duties will be treated as confidential information, subject to the protections of the attorney-client privilege.
• Assists the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution and Agency Counsel in the creation of Requests for Proposals to improve the quality of legal representation provided pursuant to County Law 18-B, subject to the approval of the Director.
• Assists the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution in managing the Statewide grants program, which serves the fundamental purpose of improving the quality of the legal representation provided to persons who are legally entitled to the assistance of counsel, but cannot afford to hire an attorney.
• Assists the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution in reviewing project proposals for eligibility, completeness, accuracy and feasibility.
• Assists the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution in monitoring all phases of project progress to ensure compliance with project scope and contract terms.
• Assists the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution in accounting for monies appropriated for grants and distributions and establishes tracking systems for payments.
• Reviews and processes claims for reimbursement and payments to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and contract terms.
• Communicates with counties and indigent legal service providers to encourage submission of claims for reimbursement and proposals, as directed.
• Assists the Confidential Assistant and Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution in the preparation of confidential reports, both internal and external, and other duties.
• Assists in the drafting and review of contracts, budgets and budget amendments.
• Works with the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution to develop new methods and techniques to improve the performance and efficiency of the Agency’s activities with regard to grant administration.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with grantees, host agencies, and applicable control agencies.
• Assists with managing new and existing grants and grant-contracts through the approval process.
• Creates tables, spreadsheets and reports for routine work and special requests, as directed.
• Proficiency in Excel and competence in computer applications.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, HRM
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.