Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
1. Master's degree in Communication or a closely related field
2. Professional experience with film and video
3. Teaching experience
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
1. At least two years of teaching experience at the college level
2. Experience with both social media and mobile technology
Duties Description SUNY Cobleskill's Communication department - with its interdisciplinary curriculum, knowledgeable faculty, and small size - gives our students the individual attention they need to become proficient professional and personal communicators. Whether earning an Associate in Communication or a Bachelor of Communication in Technology degree in our tight-knit programs, students take a variety of hands-on and theoretical courses to teach them that communication is a powerful tool in both careers and life. Program highlights include:
1. A hands-on curriculum with real-life scenarios to prepare for the contemporary communications workplace.
2. An in-house TV studio that serves as the local access cable station.
3. Extensive guidance with one-on-one faculty contact and advisement.
4. A special focus on the practice, process and ethics of contemporary news reporting and interviewing, mass communication and popular culture and the role of technology in the information age and social media.
5. Students learn to solve graphic design and composition problems by using distinct forms of visual media and production modes.
6. Training in broadcasting and television production concepts, strategies and technology.
The communication programs (A.S. and B.S.) is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Communication to teach courses in subjects including single-camera video, video for web, and documentary.
The candidate should have experience in video and film (shooting and editing) and be savvy with current technology. In addition, the department is seeking a candidate to help develop more instruction involving social media and mobile technology. Other campus duties may be expected, including student advisement, campus governance and club advisement.
Additional Comments No emailed or hard copy applications will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr and click on "Current Openings". Thank you.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.