Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field.
Two (2) years of professional full-time experience. Relevant experience is:
• Commercial real estate investing (investment acquisitions or asset management) or commercial mortgage lending, specifically involving the financing, investing in, leasing of, or asset management of large commercial real estate assets (generally properties worth $10 million or more);
• Investment-related duties reflecting a fundamental knowledge of the financial markets and an understanding of the economic forces that impact the financial markets, or analysis of financial or economic data.
Specifically excluded are activities applicable to small commercial properties (e.g., 2- to 4-family homes), the sale or brokerage of single-family homes, or experience marketing or selling financial service products to individuals, as performed by financial advisors and stockbrokers.
SUBSTITUTION: A Master’s Degree in Business Administration concentrating in Finance or a closely related concentration substitutes for two (2) years of work experience.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher level staff/management, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Review and analyze direct equity investment opportunities
- Review and analyze commingled fund investment opportunities
- Perform property and market site inspections related to investment opportunities
- Maintain the deal pipeline and manage the transfer of closed investments from acquisitions to asset management
- Assist in the preparation and submission of written investment recommendations to IIC, REAC and the Board
- Make presentations on investment opportunities/pipeline to IIC, REAC and the Board
- Attend advisory board meetings as needed
- Attend conferences, conventions and meetings as necessary to stay abreast of industry trends and establish/maintain business relationships
- Perform other duties as requested, including, but not limited to, asset management and loan origination/servicing functions
- Travel required
Additional Comments Preferred Skills
Critical thinking skills
Previous real estate experience and knowledge
Previous financial analysis experience
Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft products
Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
Excellent communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.