Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current State Liquor Authority employees with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Office Assistant 1is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
• Assisting customers at the reception window
• Responding to general information inquiries
• Placing appropriate document type codes on applications for scanning; maintain a spreadsheet to track the documents sent out for scanning
• Email/fax/mail letters to community boards, municipalities, and/or police agencies requesting comment
• Assist with distribution of applications and related documents to examiners
• Maintain tickler files; assist staff with scheduling and posting 500’ hearing notices; filing; scanning
• Additional clerical duties as needed.
Additional Comments The Office of General Services provides human resources support for the New York State Liquor Authority. Accordingly, to apply for this vacancy, candidates should submit a letter to HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov referencing the above posting number and reference numbers #31501. Include a clear, concise resume providing specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience. This must be received in the OGS Division of Human Resources Management by the closing date or the response will not be considered.
Position eligible for $3026 annual location pay factor.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.