Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist in maintaining the Department’s information systems and to perform various analyses on the funding and programming of the Department’s Capital Program. Reporting will be both on a routine and ad-hoc basis, and be for audiences both internal and external to the Department. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Extracting and analyzing data related to the Department’s Capital Program, including incorporating data from multiple sources, such as Program Support System (PSS), the federal Fiscal Management Information System (FMIS), and the Statewide Financial System (SFS);
• Assisting the System Administrator for PSS and OPPM systems in user support, system testing and repair, data integrity testing, and other related tasks that ensure the continuous operation of the database system and warehouses;
• Coordinating with other units in the Department, as needed, to obtain necessary data and information;
• Supporting Program Management Bureau coordinators in facilitating regional requests for funding of capital projects;
• Presenting results of analyses to management;
• Writing summaries of analyses to be distributed to necessary management and staff;
• Assisting regional program management units in interpreting analyses of Capital Program;
• Documenting Program Management Bureau Capital Program management procedures;
• Developing SQL database queries and other tasks relying on the advanced functionality of MS Access and Excel.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Rd., POD 6-4