Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1213 Court Street
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS RN licensure with BSN and 2 years full-time experience with patients, of whom 50% or more have been diagnosed with mental illness or chemical dependency or MSN with one year of specialized experience; or eligible for transfer. Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
McPike ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
Duties Description The Nurse 3 is a senior member of a multidisciplinary treatment team whose duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Supervise nursing staff on evening and midnight shifts;
2. Administer nursing and direct care including completion of nursing assessments;
3. Complete patient admissions;
4. Transcribe and execute prescriber/medical orders;
5. Administer medications and treatments;
6. Monitor the environment for patient health, safety, and security; take action to maintain a positive and healthy milieu;
7. Involvement in facility performance assessment and improvement activities;
8. Function as the shift charge when on duty;
9. Proficient use of a computer is required for record keeping and documentation;
10. Collect specimens;
11. Provide education to patients;
12. Perform venipunctures;
13. Maintain nursing/facility supplies and equipment;
14. Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed;
15. Transport patients as assigned using NYS vehicle;
16. May direct other staff, trainees, volunteers in Nursing assignments;
17. Attend and participate in treatment plan review meetings if needed;
18. Review charts to identify quality and compliance;
19. Communicate effectively to promote cohesive relationship between shifts and disciplines;
20. Support management decisions and policies and procedures for staff and patients;
21. Provide patient groups if needed;
22. Perform other nursing duties as assigned; completion of other tasks to meet ATC needs
Additional Comments Salary Range for Nurse 3 Psy $61,496 - $78,014*
*Salary includes the $7,000 Geographic Differential, $5,000 Shift Differential, and $575 Inconvenience Pay.
Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience, Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address above, found at this link: http://www.cs.state.ny.us/announ/applications.cfm