Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1220 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted educational practices AND have two years of experience in intelligence analysis or in conducting homeland security, counter terrorism or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience.
Duties Description • Support members of the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT);
• Collaborate with members of the CIRT and outside agencies to identify best practices in cyber security. Evaluate and comment on homeland security/public safety/NGO programs on cyber safety security and risk conducted by state and national governments and public/NGO and private sector organizations;
• Plan, organize and conduct analytical assessment of the development and implementation of cybersecurity safety and risk initiatives. Develop gap and risk analyses, documenting current, expected and required resources for management review/approval;
• Prepare correspondence, briefings, reports, white papers, standards, bulletins, advisories and other written materials as needed;
• Organize, coordinate and facilitate meetings, work groups and training for diverse stakeholder populations;
• Conduct analysis of proposals and initiatives specific to cyber security safety, security and risk. Facilitate the implementation and operation of CIRT initiatives and assist in the coordination and operational support of targeted program activities;
• Assist in identifying and troubleshooting cyber problems, and implementing necessary solutions;
• Assist in providing cyber incident response services;
• Promote CIRT outreach programs. Conduct stakeholder relations/awareness programs and prepare materials for distribution;
• Assist with outreach activities for the Cyber Incident Response Team;
• Ensure that policies and procedures are properly documented and meet appropriate standards;
• Research, develop, modify, and implement cyber security incident response and outreach policies, procedures, and techniques;
• Develop and utilize research methodology and techniques in areas where precedents are lacking or a sparse body of knowledge or experience exists.
Additional Comments * This is a permanent position. The appointment is temporary until the position classification has been approved as Non-Competitive at which time the appointment type will change to Permanent.
* Work hours vary significantly based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.