Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description Under the provisions of the Paid Family Leave (PFL) program, the Department of Financial Services (DFS) has been charged with implementing a data warehouse that will not only be used by DFS, but also the Workers Compensation Board, the Department of Health and other agencies. DFS is seeking to fill the position of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Engineer in our Information Technology Unit to be responsible for designing and implementing staging, operational data stores (ODS) and data warehouse environments using data from multiple sources through data normalization, de-normalization, flattening and enrichment for the development of the infrastructure of the new Paid Family Leave data warehouse. This includes playing an important and sensitive role in decision-making and policy-making activities.
The incumbent will advise policy makers on issues related to PFL implementation and provide expertise as to what data is needed to support policy decisions. The incumbent will be involved in confidential, high level discussions about acquisition, publication and security of data related to PFL. Other duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• In consultation with other policymakers, developing complex data transformations using ETL and ETL approach for Business Intelligence (BI) Data Warehouse/Data Mart models.
• Performing Extracting, Transforming, Loading (ETL) design, development, testing, and deployment activities effectively and efficiently;
• Importing, exporting and moving data in different formats (such as, .cvs, .xml and .xlsx) between a variety of systems (such as, Relational Databases, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, 3rd party systems and Application Program Interfaces (APIs);
• Designing and implementing the architecture and infrastructure of enterprise systems;
• Maintaining thorough understanding of the environment to ensure adherence to standards and utilizing accepted practices for enterprise design;
• Reviewing current and proposed architectures to meet acceptable enterprise system practices;
• Providing technical advice and guidance for infrastructure improvements and deploying and maintaining systems in accordance with established guidelines;
• Implementing enterprise information security, procedures and protocols and participating in security risk reviews and remediation activities including producing written technical reports;
• Participating in the testing of applications, such as developing test plans, test conditions, and validation testing;
• Design, develop, and maintain logical/physical data models, entity relationship diagrams and a common data dictionary;
• At least 5 years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design, development and maintenance with successful implementation of Enterprise BI solutions;
• Experience in working with RDBMS mainly SQL Server 2008/2012 and Oracle 11g/12c;
• Strong technical experience in designing and implementing data-intensive Data Warehouse solutions;
• High proficiency writing SQL/ T-SQL;
• Strong Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling (relational, dimensional data modeling); and
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than December 15, 2017, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DW-BIE-00155) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 2016
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.