Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eight years of experience working on object-oriented application development projects as an application developer. This experience must include: reviewing, validating, and confirming business requirements with the customer; writing, validating, and confirming functional requirements with the customer; writing application technical specifications; application testing including user acceptance testing. At least four years of this experience must be as a technical lead, lead developer, or project lead/coordinator.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science or related field, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
· Associate’s degree and seven years of experience
· Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and six years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and five years of experience
· Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
· Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) Business Solutions Director, the Project Coordinator will provide project leadership for the implementation of the Systems Modernization/Business Information System (BIS) Implementation project. The new web-based BIS will be a self-service, role-based application that will serve the needs of both the external stakeholders and the WCB employees totaling over 10 million users. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Act as chief liaison between WCB management, ITS management, and the selected vendors;
· Ensure all project-related communication is efficient and effective and all project management activities are performed to NYS standards including scope, change, risk, issues, budget, schedule, communication, and quality management;
· Provide leadership and oversight for all phases of the project including requirements gathering and validation, analysis, design, implementation, training and knowledge transfer, and transition, support, and maintenance;
· Coordinate and ensure complete delivery of all project phase and project management deliverables;
· Manage all project issues and risks by determining, vetting, and implementing necessary mitigation strategies;
· Participate in all ITS budget development and management processes;
· Provide oversight to all communications with emphasis on appropriate and timely communication and reporting to ITS and WCB executive management;
· Furnish regular, appropriate, and timely status reports to all project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle;
· Provide a solution that meets all WCB requirements specified in the RFP and any additional requirements that result from approved changes to the project;
· Ensure successful solution implementation, vendor knowledge transfer, and transition of system operations to NYS occurs effectively with minimal risk to WCB while guaranteeing ITS is positioned to successfully maintain the system;
· Lead all ITS efforts in the finalization of the RFP, including attending the vendor presentations, performing the technical evaluation/scoring of the submitted RFP's, and ultimately selecting the winning bidder;
· Provide oversight and direction to all ITS technical and non-technical teams involved in all phases of the project which includes participation in the requirements validation with the selected vendor, analysis, design, build, testing, implementation, and post go-live support;
· Direct the development of the BIS data architecture plan and data migration and conversion plans from WCB's 20-year old legacy system to the new BIS database;
· Direct project management activities including risk, issue, schedule, scope, quality, and cost management.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for Info Project Assistant Ref. #18494. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.