Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC AND STATE EMPLOYEES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Process miscellaneous receipts received in the Finance office by recording deposits into the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Prepare AC909s' to transmit funds to the Office of the State Comptroller.
• Act as custodian of the agencies sole custody accounts.
• Record receipts and disbursements in escrow database.
• Process various checks for sole custody accounts.
• Run reports for the various accounts.
• Prepare journal entries in SFS.
• Prepare various billings in the SFS.
• Act as receptionist for the Accounting Unit.
• Open and date stamp mail received in Finance.
• Position will also assist in running various reports out of SFS for reconciliation purposes.
If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.