Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Nurse 2’s provide professional nursing services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. They also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform Nurse 2 duties and act as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Candidates may be eligible for increased hiring rate of $5376.00 and geographic pay of $4500.00.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.