Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Admission to and a member in good standing of the New York State Bar. Candidates for the Deputy Director of Operations position must also meet the following qualifications:
• Must have 5 years of senior level management experience, preferably in a government or non-profit setting, to include the ability to initiate and manage teams in meeting annual targets.
• Strong experience in organizational financial management and budgeting.
• Strong personal management skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to multiple deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• BA with JD required.
Duties Description The Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) will partner closely with the Executive Director and the Deputy Director of Programs to chart NSYCA’s future strategic response to an increasing demand for the Agency’s services. In addition, the DDO will work collaboratively with senior management in the strategic planning process as well as annual planning efforts and will oversee efforts to improve and increase customer services for the grantees in the field. Must be a strong managerial team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Oversight of the Agency’s Operations Division; consisting of Prequalification, Contracts, Budgeting, ITS and Purchasing. This includes the agency’s contract delivery systems, Grants Gateway and the CFA, to ensure on-time grantee contracts, payments and reports consistent with NYS Finance Law requirements. Responsible for vendor application portals, contract payment and reporting procedures, prequalification processes, and all vendor communications.
• Serve as the Agency’s General Counsel.
• Develop the agency spending plan and annual budget reports for the NYS Division of Budget in concert with the Executive Director.
• Implement effective budget modeling across all agency departments and provide quarterly internal agency reports.
• Perform an annual risk analysis of agency operations and contract matters.
• Serve as liaison to the Department of Budget, the Office of General Services, the Office of the State Comptroller, the NYS Attorney General and other agencies as needed.
• Serve as Ethics Officer, working with JCOPE to ensure compliance and perform annual trainings for staff and Council members.
• Develop systems and processes to ensure effective customer service.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.